Kenham

Why couldn't they build trusses into this program, trying to build a 40x60x14 shop with a man cave inside 20x40x9 with a storage loft up above the man cave driving me crazy trying to figure out how to get it to look right in the program. I cannot get the vaulted ceiling to show when I do the other room, 200 dollars I was hoping it would be a little more detailed or easier to use. I also have a complaint with the materials list but it is tied to the no truss problem.

Only Home Designer Pro has the ability to create 2D and 3D trusses, no other HD titles have this ability. What do you have? Commonly truss objects are ONLY designed by Structural Engineers legally speaking. Drawing virtual trusses is quite a bit different from legal real-world ones that actually get used in the field.

DJP

He mentions 200.00. So he must be using Architectural. Before you bought they have a list of features available in each version. Also materials list will not be 100% unless you draw the plan 100% correct.

If it has not been more than 30 days, get your money back and spend the money on an architectural ruler, 17x22-1/4" grid paper, pencils and erasers. Buildings are still built using 2D drawings all over the US. The truss design will be done by the truss company and a structural engineer for lateral and vertical loads.