Base Cabinet Front Design

447Debbie

Last week I had problems with an island base cabinet.  I finally got lucky on that one and got it the way I wanted it.  Now, I'm having trouble with this computer desk.  All I want to do is put a drawer at the top right, in place of the cutting board, while leaving the cutting board on the left side (cutting board is acting a keyboard drawer).  I actually posted this to the technical support page because I don't understand this program's logic.  I upgraded to 2017 because of issues with appliance cabinet design in 2016, where you couldn't freeze certain openings. I don't think the 2017 works for front designs on desks because I'm having a heck of time and cannot get this done.  If there is a help topic that describes the order of these changes, please let me know where that help topic is.  Also, if there is a video, let me know where it is.  I cannot find anything that addresses the problems I am having.  

I'd really like to learn how to change widths and heights on individual sections as well.

junk.plan

Yours on the left.

Center one is 2 cabinets that overlap where they join.

Far right is a single cabinet.

From standard cabinet, remove all parts, leaving just the back, sides and top.

Split vertically, and set size of one side.

Add back components, and adjust size.

447Debbie 1.jpg