screen porch

kompozicijom

When the you build a deck or balcony, the software does not generate a roof you have to manually place it.

With a Porch it generates a roof. Like I mentioned you have to change the floor for the Porch or Balcony to deck planking.

To match the colors you click the material definition tool and then click on the deck floor, click color and write down the numbers for that color, also

the x and y numbers.

Then you do the same to the porch or balcony and change the numbers from deck to the porch or balcony, take a box shape or soffit

and resize it so that it's the same size as the deck skirt and paint it with cb- pressure treated lumber material. You do the same for the beam.

That's the manual way to get the same look as a deck.

In short all you really had to do was to click tools>display options and uncheck footings deck posts while your in 3d view. lol

porch - balcony.plan

• Downvote 1

What is it that I misunderstood?  I showed how you manually make a porch look like a deck, that's why I uploaded a plan to show the differences.

A Balcony would not have worked, but the porch would.

The initial question was to  "how do you get rid of the footings"  Katalyst showed one way and I showed another way that's all.

further the name of the thread is  "Screened Porch"?????????

• Downvote 1

I think there may just be a regional dialect difference between what you and LawB10 consider a "porch."  Sounds like you are using it to mean a covered deck (consistent with what it would be called in my neck of the woods as well), but it in Home Designer a "Porch" room type has a concrete floor by default, making it more of what I would call a patio to LawB10 and that maybe caused some confusion, but I think she was just trying to help by giving you another alternative.