Changing height of exterior walls

Frepet

Hello!

I have made a picture that explains what I would like to do. Basically, I want to change the height of the exterior walls (from the bottom), or alternatively, descend the floor and door so as to let the foundation come closer to the door.

I have let the basement floor go above ground, allowing a window to let light in (thats how houses are in Sweden, typically). I have tried to solve this questions for three hours now, but now it is time to ask for help!

Best regards

Fredrik Pettersson

Edit: I have Home Designer Architectural 2017 Build 18.3.2.2x64. October 25, 2016

Change height of exterior walls.jpg

Thank you for trying to help!

@solver, you're so right, I was actually forgetting about the structure below the floor! The software is probably setting the door at the proper height from the beginning. Initially, it seemed to me that the door was far too high up on the wall. I also got strange results when I wanted a house with basement (and cellar windows) but a garage without basement beside the house. The garage door ended up at the same level as the house's entrance door (up on the wall). I will try to solve that on my own.

@TomGriff, that is exactly what I though of from the beginning! But I cannot find any box to change this, maybe I'm blind. I included an image.

Exterior-walls.jpg

48 minutes ago, Frepet said:

@TomGriff, that is exactly what I though of from the beginning! But I cannot find any box to change this, maybe I'm blind. I included an image.

Exterior-walls.jpg

I'm using Home Designer Pro and it has an edit box next to the floor structure for this. Apparently the Architect version doesn't offer that option.

Tom

16 hours ago, TomGriff said:

I'm using Home Designer Pro and it has an edit box next to the floor structure for this. Apparently the Architect version doesn't offer that option.

Tom

Ok! Thank you very much! Now I don't have to look for it anymore! =)