Sign in to follow this  
szeiger

Increase the overall height of a bay window

Good morning gurus. I have a need to increase the overall height of a bay window from the default, apparently not changeable size. I need to end up at 7' w x 6' h. I did see I can build out walls and place individual windows, but it also changed the foundation to reflect the new walls.

As always, any help is appreciated.

Scott

Could you post a picture of what you want to model?

--------------

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click My Settings, then Signature on the left. 

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Getting Started

Knowledge Base

YouTube

When you select a bay window object in a camera view (Not Plan View) it will display "handles" which can be edited to make the window taller, shorter , wider or skinnier . There are handles while in plan view but only for changing the plan view dimensions. Take a look and see for yourself.

DJP

I made that change Eric, thank you.  David, in camera view, I only get the move handle, however I'm only running Home Designer Pro 2016

The "trick" is to first select the bay window then hit the next button or tab key and then the resize handles show up. This is true from Essentials to Premier.

DJP

The program default is to select Rooms before Walls, although it can be changed.

What David is referring to is you are selecting the room, when you want to select the wall.

Using the Bay Window Tool is easy, but it limits you in some ways. Seeing what you are modeling would help us help you achieve that the easiest way.

You are in fact the guru David, thank you, that worked. Thanks for all that replied.

I think if it wasn't for David helping everyone, this software and the features/ease of use and amazing creations you can do would not be possible! I followed the mini tutorial for the window sizing and had just the results I needed.

Thank you, I do what I can but when I am working there are MANY smart competent users here to answer questions and they do so with regularity, you know who you are!

DJP