Sign in to follow this  
heyseano

Elevations on sloping land

Hello

I little direction if I may.

I have my Plan and I can send elevations to layout

It assumes the building pad is flat so I can insert a cad angled line to mimic the fall of the land and insert some elevation data for levels

Ideally I would like to just send the elevation to layout with all the fall lines complete so it shows the cladding etc between floor level and ground

I can set up terrain perimeters and elevation data to show the fall but it is the building structure between floor and ground where I am lost

Maybe create a basement and then eye drop the cladding to the subfloor ?

Maybe create foundation ?

Thoughts much lay appreciated

Had pro very powerful so far

Sean

What is missing when you send an elevation to layout, other than the line indicating slope of the land?

Could you post your plan?

An elevation will include that portion of the building, if there is one, and the entire elevation will be sent to layout.

HI Eric

Attached is the elevations.

Hopefully you can see what I mean where the house sort of sits up in the air with the ground line drawn in via a CAD line below.

I could manipulate these elevations a little with more CAD lines but ideally I would like to 'do it right'

Thanking you

Sean

Combined Dwelling elevations.layout

Need to see the Plan file, not the Layout.

Eric

Here is my plan file.

The elevation in the layout is in the previous post which shows the floor up in the air so to speak with no structure between floor and ground.

Hope you can see what I mean and offer and easy fix or solution to make the elevations look better.

Sean

22 Merideth Principal dwelling (7).plan

You need to build a Foundation. Build>Floor>Build Foundation

Also, you should set the proper room type for at least some of the rooms. Your garage and front porch both show wood floor and trim as if they were interior rooms.

Foundation with default settings. post-171-0-97720900-1458752754_thumb.jpg