Sign in to follow this  
PadresFan19

Creating a Pass Through

I am trying to take out a portion of a wall by using a window pass through.  It creates the type of opening that I want but I can't slide it all the way to the edge of the wall.  Basically I want to take out the lower fourth of my wall.  Any thoughts? Thanks! 

Using an 8' wall as an example. you want the top 6' to be a normal wall, and the bottom 2' to be nothing?

Could you explain what you are trying to accomplish? And we need to know what title and version you are using.

--------------

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click My Settings, then Signature on the left. 

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Thanks for the reply.  I added "Home Designer Suite 2016" to my signature.  I am trying to notch out the the bottom 4 feet of the left hand side of the wall. For instance if you think of the wall in quadrants, I want the lower left quadrant removed.  I can get close with a pass through window, but it won't let me move it to the far left edge of the wall.  Any ideas?  Thanks! 

See the images. Setting marked in red.

post-171-0-81644100-1456352442_thumb.jpg post-171-0-70240900-1456352571_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks the reply Eric.  I have changed the setting in my default plan settings but I am still unable to move the pass through all the way to the far edge of the wall.  Any other way of doing this?  Thanks for your time. 

Yes, that's exactly what I want to do.  Here is a picture of what I have so far.  I want to extend the wall cutout all the way to the left.  I would then like to add a decorative white column to connect the wall to the counter top.  Any ideas?  Thanks!  Not sure if this is how you attach files...

I have been dealing with same issue all day.  I have tried all kinds of things with window, doorways passthroughs etc.  I then saw this post and tried to put a half wall inside of a doorway.  However, I could not get the half wall to move inside the doorway to be on the same plane as the doorway.  In other words, the half wall was offset from the doorway and I could only make the corners tangent.  Both the doorway and the half wall moved together but the half wall would not move inside of the doorway touching the doorway.

I have chief architech suite 2017.

thanks in advance,

Bill K.