importing 3d models from other source

Design74Care

recently bought a model needed for a kitchen and I have never done this before (importing) I am struggling with it and it is not in the download folder when I try to import it through Home designer file/import menu.[/size]

these are the options.to download , It says to download the OBJ. [/size]
Curved Glass Chimney Hood 3D Model Files[/size]

• DB_Apps_Tech_07_05_LWO.zip (208 KB) [/size]
  • DB_Apps_Tech_07_05_LXO.zip (215 KB) [/size]
  • DB_Apps_Tech_07_05_C4D.zip (271 KB) [/size]
  • DB_Apps_Tech_07_05_OBJ.zip (195 KB) [/size]
  • DB_Apps_Tech_07_05_MAX.zip (347 KB) [/size]
  • DB_Apps_Tech_07_05_FBX.zip (588 KB) [/size]

I have attached a couple of error codes and then how the model comes into my design (sideways and very large) really could use some help in this as I will be purchasing more 3d models in future.[/size]

Thanks.[/size]

I am using home designer suite.2014warning.bmpview.bmp[/size]

I now tried sketch up 8 and still can not locate it where it was downloaded to import to Home designerfirst step.bmp2nd step.bmp3rd step.bmp

you don't need to pay for files off 3D warehouse they are Free ......

The file you have in Downloads is a .SKP (sketchup) which HD can import no problem (if the correct version) , but when you import>3D symbol    HD wont "see" the .SKP file until you set the File Type in the search box to .SKP  ( or whatever file type you are looking for) under "Files of the Type" using the dropdown box.

Try attaching .jpegs or .png pics  in you further posts , they show in the Post window unlike .bmp's and are way smaller in size too.

M.

No Chief Architect or Home Designer title imports "Zip files" (compressed archives), you first decompress or un-zip the downloaded files and then IF those files are in a file format that the software does import you can then import and use those symbols (check the " File - Import Symbol" dialog for which files are acceptable.

DJP