Deck piers not showing in foundation layer

tmkroeger

Is it possible to get the piers for a deck at floor 1 to show up in the foundation layer (0)?  I'm using HD pro 2016 on a mac.  I created a basic test case with a square house and a matching deck (plan attached).

I following the instructions at this link

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00353/creating-pad-footings.html

The piers show up nicely in the 3d view but they don't show up as a foundation when I got to layer 0.  I've also tried to add a pier manually but apparently I can't unless there is a wall over it.

Am I just missing something obvious?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks,

Tom MK

HD Pro 2016 - Build 17.3.2.2OSX

deck-foundation.plan

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I have a slab foundation, so the ground level floor is "floor 1".  I've drawn a deck on floor 2, but cannot get the piers to display on the foundation level.  They do display on floor 1.  Can the deck piers be displayed on the foundation level?

Thanks 

Actually, I'm writing to correct what I said earlier. 

1. I've removed the floor 1 deck, and added framing to the floor 2 deck. 
  2. My reference view in foundation floor 0, shows the location of the deck piers from the floor 2 deck.
  3. I have all of the foundation options checked.
  4. I have a terrain perimeter, but it was added after the deck was drawn in.  Does the sequence of what gets drawn when, in terms of deck vs terrain vs deck framing matter?
  5. I still do not see any footing for the deck piers in the foundation, floor 0.  
  6. Do the footings, need to be manually drawn - from reading the online information, I didn't think that was the case.  I tried that, and am having problems getting the footings centered in the 
  7. If this is the case, that the footings are manually drawn, do you use "post with footing" to do it?

Please help, Thanks

Hello,

I have a slab foundation, so the ground level floor is "floor 1".  I've drawn a deck on floor 2, but cannot get the piers to display on the foundation level.  They do display on floor 1.  Can the deck piers be displayed on the foundation level?

Thanks 

Create a brand new thread of your own, and attach images and the plan.