New walls (Data) VS Old Walls (Nothing)

MatE

Go to solution Solved by MatE,

I am doing a simple remodel of a few 8 foot high rectangular room forms against an existing exterior wall with a 30 foot roof height..... What tool do I use to draw the exterior walls, or a basic rectangle that I can extrude to bump the inter walls against so the exterior form does not get included on the parts breakdown export?

Thanks, MatE

Thanks for the reply Eric.  I tried it but data still shows up in the material list?  I guess I will have to export it as a .STL file into Sketchup then re-insert those walls back in with no data attached and just add my interior walls and things from there...I think that will work, though it's a lot of extra work... I thought there would be some basic shape objects to draw in the program that don't show up in the material list?

SketchUp walls won't be HD walls -- just place holders. What's showing in the materials list that you don't want?

Set the walls to Invisible and nothing will show in the list. Do your plan and print, then set unwanted walls to Invisible, run Materials.

Hi Eric, I got it to work much "better" I took the original Sketchup model and made a copy and erased everything but the exterior walls and holes for the windows and doors that will go in it.  I then imported just the existing exterior walls and created the interior walls and doors (So Far) In HD Pro, and checked the material list all info is listed as expected and just one line easily noticed calling out the exterior wall form in a separate line in the pricing list.  And I can still see the Exterior wall form that the remodel addition will butt up against,  I still have a ways to go (This is my first actual HD Pro Design /Pricing Model).  I still have to see how the Storage ceiling and Accessories show up?  But it looks promising.

• Solution

When I made two walls in and L shape (The Exterior reference walls imported from SketchUp).  There is created a "Box" around the shape.  So when I add  walls from a perspective view all is cool.  But in plan view picking anywhere in the rectangular area made up by the two walls that make an "L shape", Always picks the Imported Reference walls and you always have to use the "pick next" button to modify the walls etc..... I noticed a "bring object to front" option, but have not found a send to rear option?  Is there such a thing?  Otherwise I'll keep doing it the slow way.

Thanks !!! Matte