Jim_Brown

Tray Ceiling that doesn't follow the roof pitch

I have a second floor bedroom that looks like it has a standard tray ceiling that HD Suite knows how to build. However, the ceiling does not follow the roof pitch. The roof has a pitch of 10/12, but the ceiling has a pitch of 7.5/12.

Can HD Suite create such a ceiling?

Thanks

Jim Brown

I believe you have wedge shapes in the library that can be used.

A picture of the ceiling would help. I associate a Tray Ceiling with flat, not sloped ceiling planes.

Solver - I may be using the terminology incorrectly, but I found this in the HD reference manual:

A tray ceiling is flat in the center and sloped

around the perimeter, and is easily created

using the underside of roof planes above.

In any event, I have enclosed a picture of the problem. It is a cross section through the roof and bedroom showing how the edges of the bedroom ceiling do not follow the slope of the roof.

I have looked at the wedges available to me, and they are all right-angled, so don't do what I need done.

post-4993-0-69648700-1450553072_thumb.jpg

I don't think you can do that in Suite. I could not find the Wedge Shape in my copy of Suite. 

Here is what I was thinking in case you do have it. post-171-0-64555300-1450554614_thumb.jpg

It can be reshaped, but cannot have its 90 degree angle changed.

That looks like it could work, if HD doesn't complain about it interfering with the ceiling/roof structure. I'll give it a try and let you know.

Yes, I do have wedges.