Sign in to follow this  
SAILOR139

Roof does not built over dormer

I manually constructed a dormer for a story and half; followed the tutorials; I have the ignore second floor off as stated per tutorial.  The roof over the dormer or the dormer walls do not construct when building a new roof.  If  I uncheck the ignore second roof and build roof, the whole roof goes nuts!!

What's wrong?  I would appeciate a direct solution and not a tutorial unless it addresses this paticular software problem.

Please consider

1) You did not indicate which tutorial(s) you followed, nor did you attach the plan or any pictures.

2) You did not indicate which product you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click My Settings, then Signature on the left. 

3) We are all users, just like yourself. No one is obligated to solve your problems.

4) You have chosen to use a $99 product to do a $499 job. You have first hand experience trying to coerce the software into creating the model you need. Someone helping will often need to spend significant time learning what you have done, and then additional time developing a solution. 

Thanks Eric for your honesty.  I thought there may have been a simple answer.  I was just trying to add a simple dormer to the second floor; I don't think a 500 dollar package is the answer.  This design is a straight forward 1-1/2 story home, not the complicated club house I was working on which probably could use CA Pro.

I don't expect anyone to work on my designs.  Maybe provide an anwser that I have overlook.

Suite

People often find a tutorial or Knowledge Base article that does not apply to their version of the software -- one that applies only to Pro, for example. Or they follow instructions that may not work for their specific project.

We don't know what type of dormer you are trying to create.

Unless we understand what you are trying to do it's really difficult to provide any type of response.

If you are modeling an existing house, post pictures.

Provide a link to the instructions you followed, and post the plan.

Problem resolved

I rebuilt the second floor with the dormer rooms.  I uncheck the roof box "ignore second floor".  It appears this solved the problem.  The roof built correctly.  Thanks for your input.

By the way,  I have reviewed written tutorials and video tutorials and none of them seem to have answer by problem; but, maybe I just didn't understand them.