Roof has double pitch

SAILOR139

I have several weeks of design on this project.  I'm very close to finishing.  However, I have not been able to solve all of the roof problems.  The roof in this version changes pitch from 9/12 to 3/12 when it is intercepted by a dommer which has a 3/12 pitch.  I want it to retain it's 9/12 pitch.

Attached image file and plan.

Suite 2015

Proposal 010S G3.plan

3D Image of double pitch roof.pdf

Then you will not be able to use the dormer tool because in order for a dormer object to form, you must NOT cross any other roof planes (the dormer cannot exist between or divided by two roof planes). So what your must then do is to manually create a dormer and manually edit the roof plane edges around the manual dormer. This is of course easier to do in HD Pro or Chief Premier but can be done in Suite. In Suite no manual editing is possible so it would have to be done quite carefully with just the right presettings and drawing of walls.

This article may help https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00442/creating-an-automatic-dormer.html but you also need to figure out what your two pitches are to be and calculate at what "Z" axis height they are to make that transition and place those values into the wall dialog box of the front exterior wall. This Knowledge Base Help article will help explain the basis to dual pitch roofs over a single wall https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00127/specifying-roof-pitches.html

DJP

The dormer was manually created on the second floor.  It is not correct but close enough to represent the existing dormer.  I'll review your suggested documents.  You understand I do not want two pitches, just the 9/12.  I have spent probably 30 hours doing what you suggested; I'll keep trying.  On some versions I have been able to obtain the constant 9/12 pitch but other roof areas blow up.

I have been involved with CAD since the 1960's; I don't think I have run into as tough to use CAD program as Chief Architect; however, their results are excellent if you can get there.  (Yes, there were CAD programs in major corporations back in the 60's)

The one suggested tutorial is about automatic dormers.  This will not work in this design.

I answered your post in general terms based on the language you used to ask the question. On downloading your plan and inspecting it, I now, more clearly understand your complaints. I would say it is my opinion that you would be better served to upgrade to Home Designer Pro due to is superior roof manual tools. Getting this complicated roof done in Suite (any version) would be mere luck whereas it would be comparatively a "snap" to do in Home Designer Pro. It is your choice to make and my opinion to give.

DJP