Electrical Switches

dbneil4056

Go to solution Solved by DavidJPotter,

I have been pulling .skp files for various items, most notably lighting. I have been able to work with the issue of adding light, but wondering if there is a method to tie in the light/s with a circuit connection detail to a switch? I can do this with resident electrical items, but not .skp.

Also, related to this. I want to show Decora switches in my plan, but the resident switches available in the library only have the option for 3 & 4 way switches with standard switches. Is there a way to edit the Decora switch to so that I can show the 3 way or 4 way identification while in the 2D plan. I have attached jpg. files that should help explain.

post-4003-0-01942200-1443373252_thumb.jpg

post-4003-0-74437500-1443373280_thumb.jpg

post-4003-0-16397700-1443373309_thumb.jpg

post-4003-0-74734200-1443373322_thumb.jpg

• Solution

In terms of switches, you can add the "3" and "4" by a standard switch so it then appears to be a three or four way switch. For non-Home Designer electric and lighting objects one can use 2D CAD arc's to connect such items, light fixtures will not emit light by default either so you must add a light source for those and adjust those manually as to location and intensity..

DJP

• Upvote 1

Thanks. I was able to work with the CAD lines, so that is resolved. I used text to place number 3 for 3 way switches, but could not figure out I just the text size. I did use the dialogue and made changes, but it did not seem to affect the size of the text displayed in 2-D. Any suggestions?

Double click on the text you wish to change. When the DBX opens you will see a box at the top of the window where you can set the font size. However, before you can change the size you must first select the font in the window.

• Upvote 1