How do I set the page number in layout?

malconium

I have accepted the fact that I can only have one layout page at a time and that to produce a complete drawing set will require several layout view. I noticed though that in one of the standard title blocks that I have selected for use that the page number on the sheet has the following code:

A-%page%

When the sheet displays the number shown is "A-1". This suggests to me that there should be a place where I can set the page number for that layout file so that the title block will have the number I want. Of course I could edit the page number directly but It seems like it would be nice to be able to edit the "page" variable. Is there a way to do that or is the %page% coding something that really belongs to a different verison of the tool?

That page number symbol only works in Chief Premier where the layout file has 1,000 blank pages. In Home Designer Pro you manually number each page (layout file), I commonly name them : plan.layout, elevations.layout, electrical.layout etc. it is a little more work compared to Premier but for a lot less money.

DJP

• Upvote 1