Wall Intersections

BobC_4199

I have a question about controlling how walls are connected when using acute and obtuse angles.

post-4100-0-21413700-1441930186_thumb.jpg

Normally when two walls meet at an acute angle, HD creates a sharp corner in the finished wall. I've shown this in the attached picture as the lower right pair of walls. In the house I am trying to model, walls do not meet this way. They meet as shown in the left two pairs of walls in the picture.

The lower left intersection was created in HD by drawing three walls in succession, the angled wall, then a vertical wall down from the bottom end of the angled wall. The vertical wall being drawn (temporally) longer than needed (say 12"). And finally the horizontal wall being drawn from the bottom of the vertical wall to the left. Once drawn, I go back and change the length of the vertical wall to 4.5". This produces the desired effect. However, when I attempt to do anything with the wall, HD flags the connection between the walls as broken, Additionally this method is cumbersome and difficult to use when attempting to create a "real" design with actual dimensions that must be correctly modeled. 

The upper left intersection was created by drawing the two walls an bringing them into contact with each other. However, I cannot consistently recreate this result. I'm not sure how I achieved it in order to include it in the image. However, it is a configuration that is common in the house I am trying to model.

My question comes down to how to create the connected wall configurations shown in the left two examples in the attached picture that is robust, reproducible and compatible with subsequent plan adjustments? (i.e. don't turn into broken walls when moved.)

Thanks in advance for any support and recommendations.

Bob

Home Designer Pro 2016

Build 17.3.1.1x64

Windows 7