Adding hot-links to a drawing

lexington

I am doing some 'sketches' of possible floor-plans.  I would like to add hot-links to these floor-plans which a client could click on to get a pinterest photo (for instance) to show possibilities.

Has anyone done this or know how this could be done?

Thanks!

Rock 

HDPro 16

I know this feature is part of Chief Premier but I never used it because such links, when placed only work in a plan file, so in order to share such links you would have to share the entire plan file, which is usually a little too much to handle for casual users. I do not think this feature, such as it is, exists in Home Designer Pro at all (I suppose I could be wrong  but I did look for it in my copy of Pro 2016 before posting). A better authority for this is Chief Architect Sales or Tech Support in terms of something other than my opinion based upon only my experience.

I have done this using Adobe Acrobat which does have the ability to manually install hyperlinks into a document that connects to documents or imagery outside of the PDF document.

DJP

• Upvote 1

Thanks, David.

That is definitely worth exploring... print-out a PDF of the floor-plan and overlay the links.

Appreciate it.

If anyone wants to provide a step-by-step, that would be cool.  In fact, I may be the one if I have time to delve into this.

Rock