Sign in to follow this  
bob-rpm

Floor structure definitions

How do you get extra layers for the subfloor defaults (3/4" osb board and 11.25 fir 2x12's)? Only one layer shows up.

Could you explain "Only one layer shows up."

Edit: Nope Sorry wrong program.

Defaults>Floor>Structure Tab>Floor>Floor Structure (at bottom)   uncheck default (?)  and click edit , then Insert and define the Material

Could you explain "Only one layer shows up."

good point .... maybe I miss read the OP , maybe Floor Surfaces is turned off in Display Options?

M.

How do I add a layer? 

Lets say I want 2 layers of ply over the joist.

post-171-0-96420500-1434326950_thumb.jpg

I guess you are Asking me Eric ..... you can't Sorry  <_<  , forgot I was in X7 not Pro 2016 , but even in X7 you have to add it to the Floor Finish not the Floor structure layer if say you want two layers of Ply in a Bathroom area. If the Whole floor is 2 layers you can go with the Structure Layer. 

I will alter the above Post

Eric,

In your above attachment I'm only getting layer I, not the two in your pic.

post a pic of your DBX  , I haven't seen Pro with only one uneditable layer , you have Pro 2015 right?  what Eric shows  is the standard OOB DBX settings..

M.

Mick,

The file/export isn't available when I'm in the floor structure definition window. Yes I'm using pro 2015. The odd thing is in a previous plan the two layer option showed up, but in this new plan I'm only getting one layer.

Eric and I are using the Windows Snipit Tool in Accessories to take pics of DBX's . 

Are you using a different template plan if okay before ?

Mick,
Thanks for showing me that tool. The image is enclosed. The template is the same as before, more exactly the new plan is built on the topography of first, Everything deleted and built again.

post-1200-0-05968600-1434453039_thumb.png

I don't see anything obvious Bob perhaps post the plan so someone else can look at it .

you might want to ask TS too .

It's not a template plan brought forward from a lessor version of HD software is it? they cant alter floor structures....