Rooftop deck -- Home Designer 2025

MJViking13

I am currently working on a 2-story addition design and having trouble with the 2nd floor deck. The 1st floor is a 4-season sunroom addition, and the 2nd floor is going to be a screened in porch with a roof overtop. The problem that I am having is I cannot get the post/beam or roof to generate for the exterior walls of the screened in porch. I have changed the settings on the railings so that they should be "Post to beam", but it still only shows the railings without any posts or headers. Does anyone have suggestions for what may be causing this issue? I appreciate the help! 

Chief architect photo 1.jpg

On 9/16/2024 at 4:13 AM, MJViking13 said:

The version I am working with is Hoem Designer Pro. The deck posts and beams are both set to view under the display option. I have the 2nd story area labeled as a "Balcony" at the moment. Would that have any effect on why the posts are not showing? 

It looks like you have a roof under your deck whcih is going to cause a bunch of problems in this scenario. try and pull your roof planes back so that they do not pass under your deck rails.