Rename Layers, make new Layers CA Pro 2024

Hey All,

I have given up on Sketchup and come over here as I don't want to be paying  subscription fee.

So far I really like the functionality of CA Pro 2024. There are quite a few differences between Sketchup and CA, but this appears far more user friendly.

That being said, I am pulling my hair out over this issue. I would love it if someone could tell me how to rename Layers and make new Layers? I have searched high and low and CANNOT find an answer. Most sites tell me to open up the layers set manager and just add a new layer. My program (Pro) does not have that option it appears.....this despite it being the most expensive option. 

Thankyou in advance.

If you are using Home Designer Pro, then this is where you belong, yet Pro does not have editable layers.

If you are using Chief Architect Premier or Interiors, then you belong on the Chief Architect forum.

Same company, 2 different levels of programs.

• Upvote 1

OK, I'm back, This is the right forum, I was sent back over here by the guys at the Architect forum. I didn't realize there were two programs. 

Back to the original question..... is it even possible to create new layers?

Thankyou

ok thank you. I appreciate your help.

Can I ask one more question? I am trying to build a simple pony wall on top of a slab.

4" CMU 24" high, with a framed wall up to 9ft. Took me a while but I was able to build it.

Here is the issue. I cannot for the life of me work out how to align the CMU blocks with the edge of the slab. The only thing it will allow me to do is align the outer edge of the cladding with the slab. 

Any Idea of how to make it snap to the edge of the slab?

Again thankyou in advance

Ask questions under the "Q&A" section so more people will see it. Try looking at the drop down box for the pony wall and look at the alignment options. Maybe even try the help tab or reference manual. 

1 hour ago, TimOwnerBuilder said:

Can I ask one more question? I am trying to build a simple pony wall on top of a slab.

For the best help, start a new thread in Q&A. Give a brief description of your project.

It sounds like you don't understand how the program is designed to work. You do not, for example, draw a slab, then draw walls on top.

To minimize confusion, use HD, or Home Designer and not CA when referring to the program.

And to help keep the forum clean and organized, you might delete this and your thread on ChiefTalk ( https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/42551-make-new-layers-in-ca-pro-2024 ) via Moderator Actions near the top of the page.