Can't change floor elevation

Mav2294

I'm using Home Designer Pro 2024 on Windows.

The house I'm working on has a walk-out basement. All the terrain data is setup based on the elevation of the lower level floor (basement level) as elevation 0".

I'm trying to setup the defaults and I'm unable to set the absolute elevation for the basement level to be 0". The elevation of Floor 1 is pegged to 0" and I can't seem to change it. In the Structure dialog for Floor 0, the Floor Above setting is grayed out and set to 0", no matter what I do on Floor 0, HDP won't allow that to change. If I enter 0" as the floor elevation for Floor 0, the program just changes it to -12 5/8 which is the thickness of the ceiling structure. If I go to the Structure tab for Floor 1, again, the floor elevation is grayed out and set to 0" (when I want it to be 96.5"). Nothing I do will change that.

How can I change the elevation of Floor 0 to 0", and the elevation of Floor 1 to 96.5"?

Thanks.

Screenshot 2024-05-04 175347.png

Screenshot 2024-05-04 175401.png

Floor 1 is supposed to be at 0". Your basement is below grade, so its floor level would be a negative number. Read the reference manual for a better understanding 

• Upvote 1

Jo_Ann - yes, that is what I have. And what you show there is what I need to do from my other post about the covered patio. Are you able to share that file just so I can learn from it?