Vaulted Ceiling with Intersecting Gable Roof

scottb613

Hi Folks,

Question using Home Designer 2021 Basic.

As per attached image.

I've changed the home and it will be a log home when built. The great room will have purlins anchored into the load bearing wall. I don't think I can model purlins with the software I have. I'm just trying to visualize the proper ceiling lines in the great room.

I have two gables intersecting - I need to extend the gable of the great room - the lower gable from where my image perspective origin is - back to the load bearing wall. I'm currently stuck with the vaulted ceiling changing to the larger and higher gable where they intersect. The gable ceiling should remain constant throughout the room - so - the sheetrock panel would be covered and not seen.

The ceiling would look something like the red lines illustrated on the image.

Can I do this?

Thanks.

Regards,
Scott

Image1.thumb.jpg.ec2a135734cf4ad3230798c3a061fec5.jpg

The ceiling you want, is not clear in the image you posted.

I suspect that the ceiling plane you want, contradicts the roof planes.

You probably already know that Suite does not have the tools to do this.

You need to create a ceiling plane at the correct angle in the external modeling software you are using, and import it into your plan.

Floor plan suggestion:Who wants a toilet practically in their living room. YUK!

41 minutes ago, Jo_Ann said:

The ceiling you want, is not clear in the image you posted.

I suspect that the ceiling plane you want, contradicts the roof planes.

You probably already know that Suite does not have the tools to do this.

You need to create a ceiling plane at the correct angle in the external modeling software you are using, and import it into your plan.

Floor plan suggestion:Who wants a toilet practically in their living room. YUK!

Hi Jo_Ann,

Thanks for the response.

I’m not a professional or even a Home Designer hobbyist - I simply bought the package to build my own home - there is much about the software I am sure I don’t know. 

Understood - unable to do what I want with the package I have. Fortunately - I’m fairly decent with Blender and I think I can build the necessary ceiling panels with that - as I did for the trusses and fireplace. It’s a bit of a pain but I should be able to hobble together something. Might as well add the purlins as well.

Regards,

Scott

Hi Folks,

I’m still working on updating my design - however - since my initial question wasn’t clear - here is the updated image of what I was trying to achieve with the ceiling panels in Home Designer. This was provided by a log home vendor I’m currently working with and is mirrored from my original design.

Regards,

Scott

Ceiling.jpg