Wall not to ceiling

Blazer76

I have a wall that I want to have it stop at around 8ft standard ceiling height so I can leave the top of it open to the cathedral ceiling for storage up above. I'm able to create the wall but I can't get the walls to be just 8ft with a loft area above for storage. I have the Suite version and have attached the walls I want to be short.

Screenshot 2024-03-30 223443.png

On the attic level, check 'invisible' on the attic wall.
On level 1, open each of the small rooms, and check the boxes for ceiling over this room, shelf ceiling, use soffit surface for ceiling.

highlight one of those rooms.

Click EDIT or open

go to STRUCTURE tab

Click help button lower right

Read help about ceiling - especially SHELF CEILING

I mean the help for Shelf screen explains you issue to the T

From the help screen on SHELF CEILINGS

Shelf Ceilings

In rooms with high or vaulted ceilings, it is possible to have a smaller room such as a closet that has a flat, lower ceiling. By default, the area above the flat ceiling will be enclosed by automatically-generated Attic walls. See Attic Walls.

If you prefer, you can specify that these Attic walls be suppressed and an open space be created instead. This condition is referred to as a Shelf Ceiling, or plant shelf, and can be specified in the Room Specification dialog of the room with the lower flat ceiling. See Structure Panel.