Same Material different name

serengeti

Hello, as you can see in the posted images Metal Black Brushed and Metal Black Polished appear to look the same. Is it possible I have changed a setting or done something to cause this. I am using HDP 2024.

Polished.png.97b006850f3247564dd5a3f07f5fd0c8.pngBrushed.png.76aa5082a0ae9c61d170a6e96f2d4ccc.png

Thanks

Likely not. You have the material being viewed in the "Physically Based Rendering" setting. If you open the top left little house box with the check in it, then drop down to "Standard", you may notice more of a difference then.

Thanks for the reply Rookie, I did what you suggested but both Polished and Brushed still look the same. I also have a couple of shapes rendered in a room, both polished and brushed black metal and aluminum as well as other metals.

The aluminum brushed is more matt than the aluminum polished, I would expect the same for the black metal.

I would not think that one would be able to adjust a Core Catalog setting. Wondering if there is a way to reset the material defaults.

Thanks

I have included a full PBR of a kitchen including black metal and silver spheres for comparison within the kitchen environment.

As you can see the black polished and brushed metals appear to look the same, yet the silver spheres show a difference between polished and brushed materials.

Is anyone else running HDP 2024 experiencing a similar situation, or is this something local to my computer / setup.

METALS.thumb.jpg.6f823ec2e9faafec7044d96132d72351.jpg

Thanks

I don't know if you have downloaded the bonus catalog "Materials-Metal?" That may have a different look to them. Also, sometimes the Core catalog will pick a metal color from appliances and not metals themselves.

Maybe go to your plan's material list and open the edit screen for each separately and compare the texture screens as tha is what defines how a material looks in standard views.

Not sure where the physical views come from.

See if they are different, are they using the same picture file?

Edit to your liking.

Thank you for trying to solve this issue. I did try to compare the texture screens but no textures were associated with either of the materials (polished or brushed).

I will try a few more options and then probably just re-install HDP 2024 with a clean slate.

One other observation I noticed - I did open a material list for a new blank plan - no buildings or objects and a list (attached) of plan materials appeared.

Just wondering why a list of plan materials shows when the plan is void of any structure or objects. 

663387966_PlanMaterials.thumb.png.cafb587ccc7a818fe71562c2ebe3aabf.png

Thanks