Need Roof Overframing with Cricket?

CrossFireDesign

Hi There

Making a 2 story addition to the back of an existing single story house.  The slope  on the existing house is 4/12 and incidentally the slope on the 2nd floor roof addition is 4/12. 

As Expected after making the addition a cricket was automatically generated between the existing house roof - and the South wall of the 2nd story addition.

Unfortunately due to the base width of the cricket and the Preset 4/12 Pitch/slope the cricket ridge was created at a higher elevation than the intersecting main roof ridge. We need the cricket to be lower, with a 3" or 3 1/2" Pitch  instead of 4". And we need Roof OverFraming  to avoid a causing a framing merge with the original roof.

When the roof built automatically, and even though I Did specify "Roof overframing" the result was a cricket with a slope of 4/12. and No Overframing.  The old roof framing was automatically modified as if the cricket was built with No overframing.  Just the opposite of what was needed.The result was a cricket with a slope of 4/12, and No Overframing,

In an attempt to correct this I used "roof plane" mode and selected both sides of the Cricket and in "Roof Plane Specification" > "General" changed "Pitch" to 3" and In "Structure" confirmed "Roof Overframing" was still selected, added the selection to "Build Roof Framing". After pressing OK - the cricket ridge lowered but still No "Overframing" shoes and the  old roof retains the modifications imposed by the original cricket. Except as noted in the video below  I've found no info on a reliable way to control the cricket. 

I've tried adjusting slope and adding Roof Overframing as discussed and shown in Video; "Home Designer Pro - Advanced Roof Design" (56:00) (Less the Truss change)  and the Ridge Top Height adjustment which starts at about 55:00 Min.

I've also tried replacing the Main House Roof, using "roof planes" manually to restore it to cricket free framing . But nothing seems to work. Any time the Roof builds it reverts to the Original Cricket. Even with "Automatically Build Roof Framing" on or off.

Lastly I tried deleting the generated Cricket, manually replaced the errant Roof Planes, and Then tried using a "Gable/Roof Line" with "0" overhangs to recreate the cricket, this was a little easier to control slope, but it leaves some unwanted artifacts on the adjoining wall and still no "Roof Overframing".  

Any suggestions about what I missing would be greatly appreciated. 

Cricket Lacking Roof Overbuild-Surface.jpg

Cricket Lacking Roof Overbuild.jpg

1699Elmcrest_Proposed_Addition_1.zip

Well that was a good one,

but with your suggestions I was finally able to stumble through it. 

I've observed two things,

1) Lacking an understanding of the order of the "intelligent" software operation and input expectations can really work against you,

2)  Joining of roof planes is critical to making the overbuild shoes work and can be a bit difficult to sort out. I had to join the cricket on both sides to the underlying main house roof plane and the only way I found to accomplish that was to pull the length of the underlying roof plane back, and completely under, to the same side of the cricket then join to that side of the cricket, Next stretch the main roof plane back to normal and then reverse the whole process for the opposite side. If you don't join both sides of Cricket to Underlying roof Plane, what you get is the overbuild shoe on only one side. Of course it took me 10 tries to finally hit on the right combination. Never-the-less I'd still be fumbling with it without your help.

Thank you.

CricketWithGoodRoofOverbuild2.jpg