Still unable to See Sub-floor framing in lumber, always shows I- JOIST

CrossFireDesign

Go to solution Solved by CrossFireDesign,

Hello,  In the Sample file (Zip attached) I've tried every means possible to change from 12inch I-JOIST to 9Inch LUMBER joist and From OSB Surface to Plywood Surface. I've used "Floor/ceiling /Framing tools> Joist" , "Default Framing> Framing defaults>  Foundation" Subfloor for Floor 1" (results in same dialog as Joist above). The dialogs report 9" Lumber and 3/4 Plywood but the "Perspective Framing Overview" always shows I-JOIST and what looks like OSB. And Yes indeed I've checked "Automatically build Framing and Ceiling Framing" on the "Build Framing" and Build Framing Defaults" Dialogs too.  Nothing seems to fix it.  

I've even gone though the whole tedious process and written down every single step-by-step one at a time used to see If i missed anything and then made changes again one at a time. Result is always the same. Lumber shows on everywhere but the Floor Joist. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

MyDefaultSet 9-InFloorJoist4-inPitchAll-Lumber.zip

• Solution

Thank you, Thank you, To your kind voice of experience.

In the Materials section of "Floor > Edit > Floor Structure Definition > Material layers", and, even though you were kind enough to literally point it out the other day,

I clearly did not grasp how that dialog panel worked.   I simply did not realize, or even notice, that the  "Structure> framing> type" would switch dynamically to become associated with the layer being clicked on above.  When I saw "Lumber" noted below I simply assumed it applied only to the "Framing 1" layer and further assumed I already had it set correctly. Now I'm finally getting a better grasp of the relative nature of the software.

By the way the  4-in-12 Slope was intentional,  This file was prepared simply to try to understand the working applications of the defaults. The slope is one I got right the first try.

My next task to more clearly understand the dominance of "Defaults" vs "Room" vs "Framing" settings, and your video did a good job of helping me get started there too.  

I really appreciate your patient explanation.