How to create a partial extended roof slope overhang over a concrete porch? (Modeling an existing house)

CrossFireDesign

I'm modeling an existing house for remodel. At the rear of the house it has a simple concrete porch with steps which I've modeled using layered concrete slabs. And, I need to create a partial extended roof slope overhang (unsupported) over just the porch. Using a Practice drawing and following the Online H.D. Example called: "Specifying Different Roof Overhangs on Different Walls", and using the designated "build> wall>Room divider" on the outside of the house I was able to add a roof overhang over the porch. However, it always displays as a intersecting hip roof instead of a partial extended slope.  My Question IS; How do I convert the Hip to a partial "Extended Slope Downward"?  Or is there a different way to add a partial extended slope overhang?  Please see attached image. Thank you.

RearPorch.png

Yes and I've tried it as a bump out which I do not need. Is that the only way to accomplish an extended slope? 

From Help "Check Extend Slope Downward to extend the roof plane downward over a bump-out, instead of creating additional roof planes. The two connecting walls that create the bump-out must be Full Gable walls. In the following image, the bearing wall of the bump-out has Extend Slope Downward checked. The two short side walls are Full Gable Walls. "

19 minutes ago, CrossFireDesign said:

I've tried it as a bump out which I do not need.

Don't get hung up on the phrase bump out -- that's what you have. You are just using invisible walls to define it.

Make the settings in the walls as Help instructs.

2112049307_ht1.thumb.PNG.b8cba66f25112cdca0797505244961d1.PNG

HI There and thanks for the prior advice on this subject. Is there any way to accomplish an extended slope overhang without a full foundation?   

As noted in may last post I thought I had this the other day, however I found later that a full foundation had been created under the invisible room divider walls used for this extended slope roof line. This new foundation was just hidden under my concrete stoop. I discover this when I adjusted the width of the overhang slightly as it exists on the real (existing) house.     

I've tried turning the stem wall and footings to invisible but that required turning of the auto rebuild of the foundation, and because I widened the overhang I found a gap in the main foundation were it opens into the bump out foundation area. Closing that requires an auto rebuild again which then re-displays the parts of foundation under the overhang. This seems to be a circular problem. Is there any way to accomplish an extended slope overhang without a foundation?  

Does this program not allow for demonstrating older and perhaps unorthodox construction? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I've read everything I can find on this but I'm still stumped. I like the potential results in this program, but getting past it's automated functions seems almost as time consuming as using conventional CAD.

RearPorch2.png

19 minutes ago, CrossFireDesign said:

but getting past it's automated functions seems almost as time consuming as using conventional CAD.

There is no rule saying you need to use all the automation. The program is designed to auto build common conditions and when you deviate, manual work is often required.

Your overhang would be trivial to do using the manual roof tools. They are one of the key features of Pro.

Did you set that room to Open Below and uncheck this.

819669872_ht1.thumb.PNG.10a21cc7a95a5bfa4be4ec193c93536a.PNG

Once again I'm in your debt, My lack of experience is on display now. I thought I had tried everything but somehow missed the "build foundation below" question. Now that you've be so good as to point this out I do recall seeing it in one of the many helpful videos, but completely forgot about it.

I did use the "Open below" selection but also assumed, very literally, that would include the foundation. I'll try to keep my eyes open a bit more. I'll also give the manual roof tools a try so I understand the range of the program a bit better.  Thank you.