Bookcase with arches

SugarCreek

• 6 months later...

I'm wanting to do the same thing. I've been trying to be creative with frame, windows or doors in front of the shelves to get the look I want, but nothing is working. I'm commenting on here to see if someone else has a solution.

• 1 month later...

Hi SugarCreek and JanetCrouch,

On 1/4/2024 at 7:27 PM, SugarCreek said:

How do I create arches to the top of bookcases?

On 7/24/2024 at 5:45 PM, Janetcrouch said:

I'm wanting to do the same thing. I've been trying to be creative with frame, windows or doors in front of the shelves to get the look I want, but nothing is working. I'm commenting on here to see if someone else has a solution.

This is how I do it.  I know Custom Backsplashes work in HDP, not sure in HDA.  

I draw a small temporary interior wall just anywhere in the room in floor plan, Then I draw a Custom Backsplash on that wall in 3D camera mode. Then delete the temporary wall and the Custom Backsplash just hangs out in mid air.  Then click near the bottom edge of the Backsplash, then at the bottom left toolbar, click on the Change Line/Arc button, then a small triangle will appear on the bottom line and will likely be curved down, just drag the triangle upwards to make the arch and resize to the size you need and move to where you want it, I use both floor plan and 3D camera mode to place it and size it to width.  Also, you will need to get to the properties where you can change the material and color to match your cabinets.

Previous versions 2022 and before would let you move the Custom Backsplash away from the wall, but 2023 - 2025 don't, if you try to pull it away from the wall it will snap back to the wall. So I decided to try and delete the wall I drew the Backsplash on and see what happens and it worked, so I just draw a little wall, draw the Backsplash then delete the wall. 

Hope this helps.  

4-1.png

5-4.png

2-1.png

3-1.png

6.png