Creating 6x6 round beam support

Ocean525

I created a 12/12 beam truss with the rafter beam and ceiling beam and perlings connecting the 3 beam trusses over the room. I want to create 2, 6"x6" side by side round beams inside the truss as rafter support.  I created the round beam with 3" beam segments rotating the angle to create the circle. How do I rotate it up on edge and then set the elevation so I can move it into the truss? If there is a better way of accomplishing this I'm all eyes. Using Pro. 

Thanks Eric,

I attached the file so you can see it. When I created the beam truss I did it with the build tool and just changed dimensions and elevations to create the design over the room. To create the round beams I drew the truss outline in plan then the segmented round beam. If there is a way to turn the round beams upon edge then I can set the elevation to the top of the ceiling beam and move it into the open area of the beam truss. Well that was my thinking until I got to the point when I could not figure out how to rotate it up. Yep I am a terrible speller, thanks for the correction purlin is correct.

Hope this is clearer. I will look at the custom backsplash

Beam Truss.plan entry room truss scan_20240104_0001.pdf

Thanks Eric, I had fun creating the round beam thinking I would solve the rotation up after. So do you know of another way to accomplish my design goal.

Thanks

John

2022 Pro

Retired FL GC

On 1/5/2024 at 5:05 AM, Ocean525 said:

I created a 12/12 beam truss

Wow - what is that exactly structurally speaking - sounds impressive.

Any views or visual details of this round beam.

I am not familiar with its type.

OK  - I see the pdf file - all good.

So its not a round beam in section but just decorative infill.(beam trusses as you call them)

Normally I would use 45 braces mortise and tenoned into the bottom beam and rafter beam. This will serve as the 45 but decorative. I tried to crate a round pass through door jam which worked great but is needed a wall and would not allow me to place it in the truss. I tried to create round molding which was easy but again would not let me locate it in the truss. Will just create shop drawings for all the different truss designs. I was having fun trying to solve the problem but had to give up.