Displaying floor 1 objects in the foundation plan

jlliles87

Go to solution Solved by RoyJames,

Are there any controls for this beyond turning on the layer display? The problem with this in HD is the first floor walls display as solid lines and makes it too difficult to see the dimensions of the foundation plan. Would love to see those displayed as dashed lines if possible like I've seen other plans do. 

Also would love to see if plumbing fixtures could be displayed and locatable in the foundation floor. That would greatly improve the foundation plans for houses built on slabs. 

• Solution

Hello jlliles87,

You should be able to use the Reference Display to show your plumbing fixtures on the floor below and change their line style using the Change Floor/Reference dialog (Tools->Floor/Reference Display->Change Floor/Reference). Use the Define button next to Reference Display Options to control what shows and in what way.

To learn more about the Reference Display:

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/videos/watch/2233/reference-display.html?playlist=202

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Roy

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Roy! It kills me they stopped distinguishing automatic and manual dimensions in the reference display. It makes much more problematic in putting sheets together when you have to factor that all dimensions will be shown, not just manual or automatic.