Cant vertically rotate beams and slabs

Tvrdi1976

Hi, Im stil learnin so I hope I will find answer here. I can change height, width, depth and horizontally rotate both beams and slabs. But I cant rotate them vertically. How I can do that? The beams I would like to vertically rotate (slope) are the one colored in wallnut on the upper part of the "garden". They need to be lowered a bit (sloped donwnards) towards the outter end.

kuca.jpg

• Tvrdi1976 changed the title to Cant vertically rotate beams and slabs

You cannot simply slope a beam.

See this thread for one idea: https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/9129-struggling-to-make-tapered-steel-posts-and-beams/

You could draw a roof plane, build framing after changing the framing to match your design, then copy the framing, delete the roof plane and paste the framing back.

A Sloped Soffit might also work -- read in Help or search for more info.

3 hours ago, Tvrdi1976 said:

I made a roof plane. But how to convert that to beam or frame then to beam.

On 12/9/2023 at 8:57 AM, solver said:

You could draw a roof plane, build framing after changing the framing to match your design, then copy the framing, delete the roof plane and paste the framing back.

Open a new plan and draw a roof plane.

Build roof framing if needed.

Display framing.

Open a roof rafter and review the settings. Make a change -- maybe make it 6" instead of 1 1/2" wide.

Or, go to your framing defaults and change them -- rafter size and spacing. Then do the above.

All you are doing is letting the program build your sloped framing. Copy the framing, delete the roof plane, paste the framing back.