Multiple buildings.

Keefers

I started putting buildings on my property.  My property starts at an elevation of ~400' and the top of the property is ~600'.  I put a small storage for trash at the street at 406'.  My next building is an auxiliary building at ~475' roughly 150' into the property.  This auxiliary building ended up punching a hole in the ground and the went ~75' into the ground.  I have set foundations to automatically place.  Why isn't my building picking up the correct foundation elevation (IOW:  at the location of the auxiliary building instead of the street level).  Then how specifically do you fix it.  I can't find an offset mechanism for the next building.    

Draw Main house first.

under terrain spec is a dialogue about a pad for house that is level and how high subfloor is above surround terrain.

This main house FLOOR level becomes the ZERO for everything's Z axis aka vertical.

Some threads on here about adding second buildings and I think they stated draw that in another file and then import it and place.. or something like that.

Search and read some of those good answers if memory serves as I used them as I have a detached Car Barn and its slab is about 2" lower then house.

I do not  know elevations, slab heights, floor heights should be simple but sometimes the AUTOMATIC parts of the software fight you.

Specially if you have brick house that has brick ledge since you have no control over that.