LF Method to handle layers in HD Pro

Keefers

I have several CAD drawings from AutoCAD:

• A road
  • Tree placement diagram
  • and the House Design

I'd like to

• import each of them into a unique layer.
  • Line each one up with my terrain data. 
  • Create each with HD Pro objects
  • Turn off that layer
  • then do the same to the other two layers

It doesn't appear that something as simple, basic and required as creating a new layer and moving objects to that layer is possible.  Layers is an organization tool and clearly required to get basic work done.  The 100+ predefined layers are not required until an object of that type has been created in the drawing.  Instead all these drawings from my Architect and Civil engineer come into the same layer.  If I stack them so I can correctly place them on the terrain I can't make adjustments to a single drawing without effecting the other drawings.

The end goal here is to trace each set of objects so that I can make a Model of the property.  The county that I'm applying to wants to see how the home will sit on the mountain.  A waste of time since the house will sit behind a series of trees but it is now a requirement for the county application.

Please help! Is there a way around this dilemma ?? 

Thanks @y-g-m-n, I was unfortunately correct.  All of the Civil Engineer layers and Architectural layers came in on the same CAD layer.  I've already spent to much and this isn't a business expense.  I am neither an Architect or Civil Engineer.  Just trying to use their data to create this rendering.  OK that being said... over night I came up with another idea.  

• I'm going to lock all the terrain layers (a feature that HD Pro seams to have).
  • Turn off the elevation layer
  • Move one of the CAD items in place (e.g. The trees)
  • Create a registration rectangle around it
  • Place a tree
  • Test moving the Civil Engineers Tree diagram out of the way
  • See if the HDPro tree stays in place
    • Hopefully the HD trees end up on another layer
  • If this works I'll rinse and repeat for the other layers

This is such a pain.  Hoping I can find a way ONLY move the CE Tree Diagram out of the way or I'll be locking the HD Tree layer as well.

Crossing my fingers that any of this is possible (lots of IFs up there)