Drawing multiple buildings on one plan

belmont

Is there a way to draw two or more buildings on one plot plan and still be able to make changes to one building at a time without affecting the other?  Specifically, I am trying to find the best arrangement for two 2 level buildings on one plot and I need to move them around on the plot individually.  Is there a way to move all levels of a single building at once on a plan with more than one building?

Take a look at the Edit Area (all floors) tool, a video explaining it is at https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/videos/watch/2511/using-the-edit-area-and-stretch-cad-tools.html

Take care with it, since it is easy to mess up with it, but you could use it on the area around one building and move it -- and all its elements on all floors -- without affecting the other buildings.

On 9/16/2023 at 10:28 PM, belmont said:

Is there a way to move all levels of a single building at once on a plan with more than one building?

Save/export it (the second dwelling) as a DAE file then re-insert it onto site and it (another file/object ) can be moved as a complete item. 

This has worked for me.

Edit area tool was like handling the queen bee in my experience.

Results can go amiss occasionally. Need more practice.

Jeff.

• Upvote 1