Menu Box Location

447Debbie

Go to solution Solved by solver,

Why is it that this menu box constantly comes up on top of the handles I need for the item I selected?  Is there some setting I can change to stop this behavior?  If I keep clicking, sooner or later I'll be able to access the needed handle, but it's hit or miss until I somehow click in the 'right' place.  This has been doing this for years, and I've finally just had enough of it to ask the question.

junk.jpg

9 minutes ago, solver said:

That's a contextual (context) menu. Like in most every other application, it's accessed by right clicking on something.

Agree, I clicked on the soffit (vertical trim on the window), it brings up the context menu.  The problem is that I wanted to resize the trim and the context window always places itself on top of the handle I need to use to resize the item.  I have the same problem with roof planes and other areas.

On 7/24/2023 at 12:39 PM, solver said:

Then don't.

Click (left click) to select, only right click if you want the Context Menu.

For what it's worth, left click doesn't work when you are creating moldings out of soffit with a perspective camera view.

25 minutes ago, 447Debbie said:

For what it's worth, left click doesn't work when you are creating moldings out of soffit with a perspective camera view.

What doesn't work? You can select a soffit in perspective view via a click.