Program freezes and misc.

Janetcrouch

I have Home Designer Pro 2021 and my computer is a Mac mini. Lately my program has been freezing sometimes. It caused my to lose an hours worth or work once. I was hoping it had autosaved, but I guess I had not saved it yet, so it didn't. Anyway, It's done that a couple more times since then. I do save right away now, just in case that happens again, so it wasn't as big of a deal, but still frustrating. Also, this morning when I drag a wall elevation over to my other screen so I can see what it looks like, my cross hairs disappear. I check the preferences and the "Enable crosshairs" button is checked on. I can get it back on by unchecking and rechecking, but, again, frustrating. It hasn't done that before either. I did just try to update my program and it said it is up to date. Any suggestions?

Janet

6 hours ago, Janetcrouch said:

Any suggestions?

Since I had a similar happening like yours, some years ago, I no longer use Auto-Save, what I now do is manually save, every few seconds while I work (CTRL-S on your keyboard). You might also check if your "MAC Mini" meets the "Minimum Requirements" displayed on the Home Designer Website.

DJP

Thank you David. I do save more often now, but I have had other things happening now like suddenly not being able to click on any objects in an elevation. Just some weird little glitches happening in the last couple of days. I did check all the requirements on my Mac mini just now. It was just bought new this year. I have more than enough space etc. I could upgrade to 2024 if that will help the problem. I do have a project I'm designing that involves trusses and it looks like that upgrade might make that easier. I just am not sure if I want to let go of the extra money yet.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My previous version was the 21. But yes, I think it's a bit better. It still happens sometimes, though. It seems to happen when I get too "clicky" and don't give it time to process or something. I guess it can't keep up with my occasional indecisiveness or accidental clicks. :D