Painting walls removes texture

joemjr2

For some reason, I can't figure out how to have textured painted walls.  I edited the walls and changed the material to the texture that I want (Pebble Dash Light - Eggshell).  The walls look exactly like I want the to, except for the color.  As soon as I paint a color on the walls, I lose the texture.  I tired editing the wall.  In the "materials" section, I tried adding the "Pebble Dash Light - Eggshell" in one box and the paint color in the other box, but it won't let me do it.  It only lets me choose one or the other.  As soon as I choose the second material, the first one goes away.

What am I doing wrong?

Materials, visually speaking are emulated using image texture files, so if you replace a material  with  a color it replaced the texture with  a flat  color. What you need to then do is replace (put back in place) the texture you wish and then using the "Define Material Definition" tool (tri color icon) you select the material  you wish to  alter and change its  default color with the shade you wish to alter it with, then go to the "Texture Tab" and check the check box that says "Blend  with  Texture" to then custom adjust the appearance of the material, visually.

DJP

Ok, thanks that works, though not as convenient as I'd hoped.  I was hoping that I could "permanently" set just the texture of the walls, and then be able to use the spray can tool to paint the walls different colors to quickly see what each one looks like with the texture in place.