2x4 stairwell wall in detached garage

rickm1954

Go to solution Solved by DavidJPotter,

Hi

I'm using Home Designer Pro 2015. I'm trying to finish a design for a detached garage and need to build a 2x4 wall with 1/2" drywall on both sides that attaches to the side of the stairway but doesn't have bearing down to the garage floor slab. (see attached photo). Its attached to the ceiling and is flush to the bottom of the stair stringer. I'm guessing this needs to be done with a polyline but not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

post-1018-0-75141100-1426787155_thumb.jpg

• Solution

Pro does not come with that ability (poly-line solids that shaped in an elevation camera). You do have a Geometric shapes library that includes various "wedge" shapes that can serve your purpose once you resize and locate them. Then set the material to "Drywall" and then you are all set.

DJP

Thanks to both David and Kbird for your help.

I've attached two photos that show the results. Using kbird's idea of placing a wall and editing it in cross section view worked wellpost-1018-0-18332600-1426862218_thumb.jpgand I was able to drag the dimensions to match up more accurately than using the geometric shapes - wedge post-1018-0-46406000-1426862219_thumb.jpg However, using the wedge, I was able to match the drywall and paint color but using the wall I'm left with the bottom of the wall showing(raw wood)post-1018-0-46406000-1426862219_thumb.jpg and I was not able to make that go away. I'm a newbie so maybe there is a work around but I was not able to figure it out.