Roofs not set on top of walls, gable walls not extending to roof, roof fails to connect to wall when snapped.

MichaelScott

Sorry for the newbie issues.  HDP 2023. See the pic, this view is on the A - attic level.  When I rebuild auto roof, it sets deep in the wall instead of top of the wall,  I can manually set the height of the roof, but then can't use auto rebuild again, and manual mode changes the slope and takes a long time to get everything back to the desired height and pitch.  The second issue as you see, I set the relevant walls to full gable and nothing happens.  The third issue is the single roof fails to attach to the wall, no matter how the snap is set, and no matter how much time is spent dragging the roof plane into the wall, it either cuts the wall surface or doesn't connect. 

Thank you, 

Michael 

Screenshot 2022-12-05 162424.jpg

The software is programmed to auto fill in Attic Walls but when, in your case for some reason it did not. So you toggle up to the Attic Level (<A>) and turn on the "Reference toggle" so you can see in RED the walls outlined thereby so you can see where to draw the manual attic gable walls. When you draw the wall, you then open its dialog and mark on the "General Tab" : Attic Wall, No Locate and No Room Define (the default setting for Attic Walls only.

DJP