Home Designer Pro Software Slowdown

NashvilleDavid

I'm using the Pro version of Home Designer and I really like the ease of use and functionality of the software but because I'm designing a large home (approx 100k square feet) the software runs extremely slow. Every time I make a change, add a wall or go to a camera view, the system will take 1 1/2 - 2 minutes to recalculate everything. I've talked to several people in the Chief Architect technical department and they have checked out my computer to make sure it is fast enough and given me many tips about turning off some of the display layers but it is not helping. Also I am not using the cloud at all. I'm wondering if anyone knows of another similar software program that would handle the size of my project without slowing down? Thanks for any input. David G. 

Thanks David, 

I'm sure that what you are saying is true, but I can't imagine that architects designing large projects like hotels, sky scrapers etc.. are sitting around their office waiting for 2 minutes for their software every time they draw  another wall or add a window or open a camera view. There has to be other software on the market that has a greater capacity for a large project. 

3D faces are each virtual surface that you see in a camera view. Those faces are described in computer language so the more 3D faces per plan file, the more computer power is required to parse it in a camera or plan view. What you see is "0's and "1"s set to describe visibly a virtual 3D construct. Like I said it is simple "geometry and physics". The more you create the more time it takes to show it in "real" time.

DJP