How to cut in the roof on a deck raised room to the existing roof

eryanthus

Very new user. Apologies in advance for any information not included. Just let me know what's needed. 

I am using Home Designer Pro 2023. I have found the program, documentation and forum informative and extensive, but after a week of reading research and trials, I have had no luck figuring this out. Though I have come up with some amazing if impractical structures.

I am trying to design a room on the second level rear of the home, which would be considered the "first floor".  I am using the "deck" room to make it easy to have a different pier foundation from the existing structure. The room will extend the full length of the existing structure. The existing gable roof has an 8/12 pitch gable. The new rooms roof will need to cut into the existing roof to have any pitch at all. Once I have the simple plans done, the builder will review them with me to make changes to meet local codes and structural integrity. Thank you for any insight you can offer. 

main house.plan

Since your question is not very specific, adjusting roof plane usually  involves changing it’s shape, cutting openings or changing pitch. All kinds of tools is available in HD Pro 2023  for  whatever you want to accomplish.     

Thank you,

I did not realize the proper protocol was to stay active when asking a question. I will be up and watching this till about 10 pm eastern and will be on as much as possible by 10am eastern tomorrow.  Hopefully signature is properly updated and on.  I had searched your links from other forum answers you supplied for a couple of days with no success before joining the forum, and submitting the question.

- 25 x 30 small home with full basement and small second level rooms. Gable roof with ridge going the 30 foot length.

- Want to add deck on basement level in rear, with 14 x 30 four season room above on what would be the first floor.

- Want addition to have a full 30' low pitch shed roof that ties into the main home about mid way up the rear side. This seems to be a       fairly common design in the neighborhood.

- Have been unable to properly design the roof.

Attached pics from software. Thank you again.

deck and home.png

deck and home 2.png

deck and home 3.png

Thanks to both of you.

The video does look very close to what I want to do, just on another floor. I will watch and digest it then read up on manual roof planes. Then I'll give it another go tomorrow morning. At the very least I should learn enough to ask more focused questions if needs be. 

If I understand properly how the forum works. I am now marking this as a solved until I can use the information provided. If I do ask another question, I will do it only when I will be at the computer and can reply for at least a few hours. 

Thanks to everyone who helped