Wifi seems to cause significant delays in rendering perspective full overview

sgreenberg

Just recently whenever i do a rendering with "perspective full overview" it takes 50 seconds instead of 2 seconds.  ie there is a huge "delay" which makes it unworkable.  If i simply turn off my wifi it works as normal and does the rendering in 2 seconds.  I checked and my product is valid etc etc and is validating correctly from Chief Architects point of view.  Has anybody else had this problem and/or any suggestions for me to try?  Thanks!

i did that and they told me my account is fine and verifying fine and if i wanted i could pay $125 to tech support to try to solve.  But it just doesn't feel like an issue like that.  My thought is if it is happening to me its maybe happed to somebody else.  Supposedly the license verification only happens at the beginning of the session which is smooth and the customer service rep didn't think anything should happen during rendering but didn't know for sure and said it would cost the $125 to go to tech support.  If I turn off wifi it works totally normally.  Of course who wants to do that and turn it back on when you are done.  I can do that, but its annoying.  At least I have a workaround for now and am hoping eventually I get a response from somebody else who had the problem or it just starts working again as there isn't anything I think I did or even could do to cause this.

• 2 weeks later...

SOLUTION:  I just upgraded to windows 11 from windows 10 and voila!  It's back to normal.  Just serendipity as I upgraded for another reason but happily noticed no more delays.  I had to keep turning off my wifi to work with home designer but not anymore.  Not sure where the problem was.  I assume either something windows 10 did in a recent update or some change chief architect did recently to interact differently on the wifi communication, but it's all good now under windows 11!