Surface Mounted Lights

ErichK

Go to solution Solved by som1else,

I would like to change the direction of a surface mounted light. I would like to insert it in the top of a bulkhead/soffit and have it pointing UP so the light would go up to the ceiling. Is there any way to do this? I have found cabinet "pucks" but they don't give me the "wash" of light I would like across the area. 

Using HD Pro 2022 on a MAC

I know about spot lights. What I am trying to do is work with a "surface mounted" light. THey can be found in File "Architectural Lighting" Sub-File "Tube Lighting." 

I have them installed completely across the bottom of a soffit. I want to install them on the top of the soffit facing up. In picture 1 you can seem them in the bottom of the soffit. In picture 2 you can see the top of the soffit. I don't want individual spots or pucks in this area, but a smooth glass/plastic surface in order to sit items on that would then be completely lit from underneath. I am trying to find a way to turn the surface mounted light upside down. 

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 1.22.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 1.22.43 PM.png

• Solution

I am trying to find a way to turn the surface mounted light upside down.

You can use recessed light. Set it's height so it's on top of shelf and resize it to whatever size you want. Then just adjust the light data. Change to Spot Light, Set Tilt angle to 90 and Direction angle to 180. Base Offset needs to be zero or negative number. You can change the Cut Off and Drop Off as you like.