Building A Raised Stone Patio

MrMooCow

The deck tool, as far as I can tell, is only for wood decks.  So how do you build a raised stone patio?

I know how to do it in real life.  Build a retaining wall.  Backfill.  Place stone.  

Can't figure out how to do it in the software.  I figured out how to make retaining walls locate rooms, but I can't figure out how to make the retaining wall go all the way up to the floor.

Help is appreciated.

Screenshot 2022-07-04 191539.png

Screenshot 2022-07-04 195321.png

You can enclose a space with railing walls and then what you then select as the "Room Name" tends to establish what kind of room or space it is. If you name it Deck then it is programmed to look and be structurally like a "Deck". If you name it "Porch" it will by default have a 4" concrete slab floor. The Names of spaces in Home Designer are not just "names", rather they are also programming commands that determine the floor structure and whether or not the space has a roof and ceiling or not (settings of the Structure Tab). This software has no judgement or consciousness, it is the End User who, via study and practice who supplies the guidance to the software tool.

DJP