Make HD Pro 2012 files editable in HD Architectural 2023?

ChiefChief1

I created some .plans a decade+ ago... first in my licensed HD Architectural 10, then later in/when upgraded to HD Professional 2012.  I'm now considering upgrading to HD Architectural 2023* and trying out the trial download.

Trying to open plans saved from my Pro 2012 I get the...

"This plan was created by a different product version than you are currently using. You will only be able to view this plan and can't make any modifications..." 

Following the more info link, the KB page states.. 

"If this particular plan was sent to you by a professional, and they want to allow you to edit this .plan file, then they must enable the checkbox titled "Allow Editing in Select Home Designer Products" within the Plan Defaults before sending the file"

Unfortunately, I cannot find the 'allow editing..' toggle in Plan Defaults in HD Pro 2012 and assume it was implemented in a later version.

Is there a known workaround or some other way I can make the HD Pro 2012 plans editable in HD Architectural 2023

*I can't justify the HD Pro 2023 cost right now, so would use my Arch 10 license to upgrade to Arch 2023.

Thanks for any help on this!

42 minutes ago, ChiefChief1 said:

Unfortunately, I cannot find the 'allow editing..' toggle in Plan Defaults in HD Pro 2012 and assume it was implemented in a later version.

It's there in newer versions.

45 minutes ago, ChiefChief1 said:

Is there a known workaround or some other way I can make the HD Pro 2012 plans editable in HD Architectural 2023

None that I know of. A Pro or Chief Architect user could open and save with that setting set.

You could simply redraw.