Exporting/Saving in Home Designer Pro2022 for Opening in Chief ArchitectX12

RobbieG-Astilla

Hello.  First time user, so forgive me if I've not followed proper protocols.

I recently purchased Home Designer Pro-2022 in an effort to create plans for a remodel of a neighbors house. 

I created an existing floor plan and a proposed floor plan, which I've saved and gave to the architect, which will be taking my plans, reviewing them, correcting them where necessary and then submitting them to the city. 

I took my Home Designer Pro-2022 (23.4.1.8x64) files to the architect, but he could not open them.  He is running Chief Architect X12.

Is there a way for me to export/save my files from Home Designer Pro-2022, so that he can open them in Chief Architect X12? 

Your recommendations are appreciated.

5 minutes ago, RobbieG-Astilla said:

but he could not open them.  He is running Chief Architect X12.

Your architect should understand the problem.

7 minutes ago, RobbieG-Astilla said:

Is there a way for me to export/save my files from Home Designer Pro-2022, so that he can open them in Chief Architect X12? 

Not really. Give him a PDF of the plan and he can quickly redraw.

Eric:

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I've gone ahead and changed my signature.  I tried before, but couldn't find exactly where to do so.  Your screen print helped. Thanks.

I'm a bit surprised by your answer --  I would have thought that Chief Architect Premier X12, would have been able to open/edit the plans I created in Home Designer Pro 2022.

I will pass on the info you provided to him.

Thanks.