Export 3D View to 3ds

AdrianDuf

I do Interior Design and am just starting out. I'm wanting to work with the interior in 3ds and render- just starting out with that. I've used Home Designer but have an older version. I'm trying the new trial so some export functions are grayed out. They have COLLADA Model (DAE), Export 3D model (STL) I put the pic below. Is there another way to get the file into 3ds where it will recognize and render the light and textures properly? Thanks for any help! They have the option to export to .3ds in Interior and Premier but that's pretty out of my price range with my situation. Home Designer Pro has most of what I need beyond the ability to export to .3ds so without an alternative I'm looking at least $2,400 to have that feature. 

Screenshot 2022-02-26 181953.jpg

They have always made their trial versions so they will not print, export or save, sorry. Exporting to a 3D symbol format does not insure anything other than a faithful copy of existing 3D faces and materials assigned to them. When you open such a symbol in Twin Motion or Lumion etc it is there that you adjust lighting and other matters, not from just the export.

DJP

• 1 year later...