Odd deck artifacts after using space planning tool

cfichter

Hello - new to Home Designer - quick Q -

I have gone through the pdf tutorial and watched videos, and getting dangerous with designs :D

I discovered the space planning tool - super handy design tool to quickly mock/sketch up a house design.

However - it does this wierd thing - when I select 'build house' and then have a look in camera view, it creates these deck structures with pier/cement footings and support trusses that I did not create.

Why is it doing that?  There is no way I can see to remove them - only visible in camera view - not visible in the plan, no way to select them and remove them that I can see.

Thanks

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Many questions have been asked and answered. The Home Designer website is a good place to start your search.

Here is a video about searching the forum: https://youtu.be/dDT6wbrrVRM

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Thank you very much for the assist!  Done (sig) and thx for the starting links.

Attached is what I'm seeing -

• mockup of 'room boxes' using 'Space Planner' tool
  • view in plan view after build (no decks/structures)
  • view in camera view after build (deck structures visible can't remove)

I did at one point have decks and patios back there, was experimenting and deleted them. I tried check plan but didn't find anything/fix anything.

Thx for ideas.

SpacePlanningAfterBuildCamera.jpg

SpacePlanningAfterBuildPlanView.jpg

SpacePlanningBeforeBuild.jpg

Very cool, ty Solver that worked - although, it left the round cement pier things that support the deck posts -

I don't see what those are listed in objects to delete - I experimented with a few but they weren't removed.