How to add pilasters to a CMU wall

jimpudar

Hello,

I am trying to model my existing attached garage which has CMU block walls. On two of the walls, there are pilasters (please correct me if this is the wrong term) which project half a block's width into the room and reach about 4" to the ceiling. There's only one pilaster on each of the walls, for a total of two. I added a screenshot showing a rectangle where one of the pilasters needs to go. The other one goes in between the windows.

I've set the room to use a monolithic slab foundation, and my exterior wall type to 8" CMU (block) Stem Wall. I'm not too sure about the actual type of foundation or construction style, it's a 1960's bi-level in Michigan if that helps.

How can I add these pilasters?

Thanks,

Jim

Home Designer Pro 2022 build 23.3.0.81OSX, on a 2019 MacBook Pro with macOS 12.0.1 (21A559).

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 9.00.41 PM.png

Edited by jimpudar
Added screenshot

*** I see you said Pro 2022 ***

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Many questions have been asked and answered. The Home Designer website is a good place to start your search.

Here is a video about searching the forum: https://youtu.be/dDT6wbrrVRM

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Hi Eric,

I did try using the rectangle tool to create the shape of the pilasters, which does work in two dimensional mode. However I am more interested in something which will show up as a stack of CMUs in the dollhouse view. I also tried creating another wall inside the structure, with type CMU 8", but I am not able to overlap this with the existing wall.

I'm a Fusion 360 user, so maybe I am not understanding the workflows properly. Any hints toward which tools you might try next would be very helpful.

Thanks for your reply,

Jim

Everyone here appreciates it when new members complete their signature with some basic info including their version of Chief. Makes it easy to locate, always available, and gets you the best answers.

You can add that info, Windows or Mac computer etc to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Thanks