How can I change a floor plan to be a different story when designing a house?

Randall30

I am playing with a floor plan for a 2 story house. I did the main floor, then decided to draw the basement, then drew the second floor. I was only caring about 2D plans for the house. But now I would like to see if I can create a 3D plan. Is there a way to make the basement the 1st floor, the main floor the 2nd floor, the second floor the 3rd floor, give that the basement technically becomes the first floor?

It is easier to just draw the first floor on "Floor 1" and then draw the second floor on "Floor 2", the foundation or  basement goes on  "Floor Zero" but an  existing plan file can be sorted out (rearranging the floors on  different levels within the plan file. BUT this needs to be done carefully and deliberately and you create a copy of your plan BEFORE you start to try to rearrange the floors. You create a blank plan, set the defaults properly for the first floor, then in  your copied plan you use the "Edit Area" tool to select the  floor you now wish to be the first floor and then copy-paste your other floor into the blank first floor of your target plan file. Then i your plan that now has its first floor in place you use "Edit Area" tool to select your target second floor using "copy-paste- paste hold position" into your new plan, so the are properly stacked, floor to floor. You can use the "Reference Display" to make sure all  walls are properly aligned, floor to floor. You repeat this until you have all of your floors properly arranged, floor to floor, walls aligned and so forth. A VERY SCARY JOB for a new user indeed!!!

DJP